Dods Parliamentary Companion
The bible of the UK Parliament was first published in 1832 and has been updated every year since.
It is widely acknowledged that the speakers in the Houses of Parliament always have the latest edition close at hand, while numerous MPs, civil servants and public affairs professionals also use this trusted source of parliamentary information, which is quite simply the most respected guide to people and institutions in UK politics.
This comprehensive annual hardback guide includes:
- The workings of ministerial departments, including responsibilities, parliamentary private secretaries, special advisers, Commons whips, Lords spokespeople and whips and the Opposition
- Biographical information on all MPs and Peers, including newly-elected MPs at the 2015 general election, plus up-do-date contact details and analysis of MPs and Peers by political interests, countries of interest, gender, age and party
- Details of all committees and All-Party Groups, House of Commons officers and officials, House of Lords principal office holders and staff and the Parliamentary Press Gallery
- Analysis of the 2015 general election, including full election results
- Information on the devolved parliament and assemblies, civil service, European Union and diplomatic representation.